Monday 10 May 2010

Happy belated Easter!

Yes, I know it is almost summer and I am still posting about Easter. The reason is, that I have just discovered my Easter Egg pictures on my camera, which I am not using very much. So, I forgot about them. But I want to show you what I crafted for Easter this year! (The materials are written in bold)


How? I blew out the inside of real eggs. Poked a tiny hole into the top and a bigger hole into the bottom of the egg. I used a pin from a cork board. Break the yolk with a tooth pick. Blow into the tiny hole. Have a bowl underneath to catch the guts. Rinse the inside of the egg shell by sucking in soapy water, shake it, blow it out. Sounds yucky but it isn't too bad ; ) Let eggs dry.

Then, with scissors cut a pretty motive of a napkin, separate the layers of the napkin carefully. You just need the first layer with the printing. Mix some white school glue with a little bit of water. Brush the egg with glue, stick the cut out motive on the egg (The big hole will be on the top. Make sure to stick on your picture the right way, with big opening on top), brush some more glue over the picture and let it dry.

At last, break a tooth pick in half and tie a piece of thread around it, making a loop to hang on a branch. Drop the tooth pick into the big hole of the egg and hold on to the thread! Now you should be able to hold the egg by the thread. Done.

Does this make sense? No? Just leave a comment or ask.

No comments: